Looking to go keto? Try this simple approach!
Are you looking for an easy way to start a keto diet? If so, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore a simple approach to a keto diet that can help you get started without feeling overwhelmed. We’ll cover what a keto diet is, why it can be beneficial, and how to start a keto diet with minimal fuss. So, if you’re ready to jump into the keto lifestyle, keep reading!
Affiliate sites may show on this blog.
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet, short for "ketogenic," is a low-carb, high-fat diet. It focuses on eating mostly fats, proteins, and non-starchy vegetables while drastically reducing or eliminating carbohydrates from the diet.
When following a keto diet, your body enters a state of ketosis, which is when it begins to burn fat for energy instead of glucose.
This process results in the production of molecules called ketones, which are then used as energy by the body. This type of diet has been known to help with weight loss, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health.
Why try the keto diet?
The keto diet is becoming increasingly popular for many reasons. It is low in carbohydrates and high in fats, which helps to reduce hunger and increase energy levels. Additionally, research has indicated that the keto diet may help to reduce inflammation, improve blood sugar levels, and support healthy cholesterol levels. Other potential benefits of the keto diet include weight loss, reduced risk of certain types of cancer, improved heart health, and reduced risk of diabetes.
The keto diet can also be beneficial for those looking to improve their mental clarity and focus. This is because when you reduce your intake of carbohydrates and increase your intake of healthy fats, your body is able to produce more ketones, which are known to have a positive effect on cognitive function.
Finally, the keto diet can be beneficial for those who are looking to reduce their reliance on processed foods and transition to a more natural and whole foods-based diet. This can help to reduce environmental impacts from food production as well as improve overall health by increasing nutrient intake from fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, and other healthy sources.
Overall, the keto diet can offer a range of potential health benefits, making it a great option for those looking to make positive changes in their lifestyle.
How to start the keto diet
If you're looking to start a keto diet, it's important to understand the basics of how to get started. A ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that involves eating fewer than 50 grams of carbs per day and getting the majority of your calories from fat and protein.
This type of diet helps to promote weight loss and can improve overall health.
The first step to starting a keto diet is to determine how many carbs you should be eating. Generally, most people should aim for eating fewer than 50 grams of carbs per day. This may vary based on an individual's goals and other factors, so it is important to consult a doctor or nutritionist before starting a keto diet.
Once you have determined the number of carbs you need to consume, the next step is to find healthy sources of fat and protein. Fat should make up the majority of your calories, so healthy sources like olive oil, avocados, nuts, and fatty fish are excellent options. Protein should also be consumed in moderation and can include lean meats, eggs, dairy products, and legumes.
It is also important to avoid certain foods that are high in carbohydrates like sugar, bread, pasta, and potatoes. Instead, focus on consuming whole foods like vegetables, nuts, seeds, healthy fats, and proteins. Additionally, drinking plenty of water is essential for staying hydrated on a keto diet.
Finally, it is important to track your food intake while following a keto diet to ensure you are meeting your carbs and calorie goals. This can be done using an app or a food journal. Keeping track of what you eat can help ensure that you are staying on track with your diet plan.
By following these steps, you can make sure that you are properly setting yourself up for success when starting a keto diet. Remember to listen to your body and adjust your macronutrient intake as needed to meet your goals.
What to eat on the keto diet
When following a ketogenic diet, the focus should be on eating high-fat, low-carb foods that are nutrient dense. Foods to include in your keto diet plan include:
• Meats – grass-fed beef, chicken, turkey, pork, lamb, etc.
• Fish and Seafood – salmon, trout, shrimps, etc.
• Eggs – pastured or omega-3 enriched eggs
• Vegetables – spinach, kale, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.
• Healthy Fats – avocados, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, lard, etc.
• Low-Carb Nuts and Seeds – almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Check out this KETO DESERT.
• Low-Sugar Dairy – hard cheese like cheddar, soft cheese like goat cheese, heavy cream, etc.
• Beverages – water, unsweetened coffee and tea
It’s also important to limit or avoid certain foods on the keto diet. These include high-carb grains (rice, oats, quinoa), starchy vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes), sugar (candy, soda) and processed foods.
By following a nutrient-dense keto diet and avoiding unhealthy foods, you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of this lifestyle.
Tips for success on the keto diet
1. Stay hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated and help you feel energized and alert.
2. Keep a food diary. Keeping track of what you eat is a great way to ensure that you are staying on track with your goals and keeping your keto diet balanced.
3. Start slowly. Many people start out on the keto diet too quickly, leading to fatigue and other problems. Start by reducing your carbohydrate intake gradually and increasing your fat intake slowly.
4. Track your progress. Measure your waist circumference, take body fat percentage measurements, and use a food scale to make sure you are eating the right amounts of food.
5. Get support. Don't be afraid to reach out for help if you need it - whether that means getting advice from a nutritionist or joining an online support group.
6. Stick to it. The keto diet can be challenging, but with consistency and dedication, you will eventually see results.
Check out these funny covers on these "Stick to it." food plans.
- Diet shouldn't be taken so seriously and it is already hard, why make it even harder without any fun.
- Laugh it up with this one. I love to keep it simple guys. Let's start this journey with a positive attitude.